Beautiful Maine

Beautiful Maine
Trip of a lifetime!

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Scary Night!

I had a most unusual experience Sunday night. I had worked on Sunday afternoon until 10pm. I went home, went to bed, and was awoken by my phone ringing at 2:00am. It was the Hospital. Turns out I had been exposed to a patient that had bacterial meningitis, and I was told to come in immediately for "prophylactic" (meaning just in case) anticiotics! I was really freaked out needless to say. So, I went in and got my medicine. They told me that they don't really think we would catch it, but just to be on the safe side... I guess it's just the risk that we take by working in the medical field. But talk about a rude awakening!By the way, I dont' think I mentioned it, and some of you don't know, but I currently have a broken ankle. I twisted it one day (although I really don't specifically remember the incident) and it just kept hurting for about 10 days. I was walking around on it, with a lot of difficulty, so I finally went to see a Dr. Turns out I have 2 different fractures in there. Who in the world breaks their ankle and doesn't know it?!? At any rate, they have me in this gigantic boot thing for at least 4-8 weeks, and we will go from there. There's nothing I love more than a good challenge! Hope your week starts better than mine!
draft

3 comments:

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Glad they warned you at least!!! Good luck with your ankle. What a deal! Hope it's not too painful
love ya

klonghall said...

That sounds like something I would do--the ankle break! We are too busy as moms to really notice our own aches and pains. I hope you didn't do too much damage. What a way to spend the Christmas holidays.

Betony said...

Yay!! a new way to keep in touch and see pics of the kids! Now I need to update my blog more often! See you in a week!

Lauren (My Niece) and Maddie

Lauren (My Niece) and Maddie

Patrick and Aimee

Patrick and Aimee